Any man can be a father, it takes someone special to be a dad.

Thursday 12 April 2007

My Text Book Baby

Well I finally managed to get BB weighed at the clinic today. I haven't dare take her since we started Baby Led Weaning as wasn't sure what they'd make of it and didn't want them asking me about weaning until I got into it. Well then I just got out of the habit of going! lol!

Now at 10.5 months I go and get her weighed. TBH I was all geared up and ready to chat baby led weaning with them and it was empty so thought I had my opportunity. However just as I undressed BB some others arrived and started talking. Funnily enough about weaning and I was gonna try help but she looked like she'd deck me if I spoke! lol! She was saying her lo wouldn't even eat mashed up baked beans so I left without a word lol!

Anyway BB is now 21lb 9.5oz still following the 75th perfectly! I was suprised a bit as thought with all her walking and activity she may have dipped a little! no not our BB. They did her length too and she again is following her height just under the 75th perfectly at 73cm. All in proportion then :o)

It did make me realise though how stickler for weight HV's are as because they then titled her "text book" they didn't ask me any other questions, not about how well she feeds/sleeps or anything not even about her eczma until I pointed it out. hmmm oh well. They let me put a business card up on the pin board though. Think I am going to go again next week and chat to them about baby led weaning.

2 comments:

Em said...

My NEW HV lets me get on my soap box and even now asks what hes been eating. I think shes impressed by it all, she's bit shit tho because she asks things like bet he likes fish finger? they are nice and easy to pick up! Woah were we'll past that stage i feel like saying! Got get them next week!

Hannah Walker said...

I think i'll become more regular down there now and then I will feel able to chat away about blw!