Any man can be a father, it takes someone special to be a dad.

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Baby Signing... it's sinking in...

Well BB and I started signing but we've only had 2 sessions so far! However I have been really signing loads at home the words Milk, Drink, Eat, More just for the basics.

I knew BB understood when I actually said milk because she'd get all impatient and moan for it!I have been signing and saying "milk" for 3 weeks now and today I thought I'd do a little test and just signed it without saying it to see if she'd actually associated the two... and she did! She started bouncing (this is her yes for milk) and headed for the kitchen. I got her bottle and gave it to her smiling my head of!
I bought a fab book from Chelltune that BB loves and it's great for us to practice with. It also reminds me to sign as it's a big book and I can't miss it!

Can't wait for her to sign back to me!!
BB reading her signing book!! lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my partner suggested signing, and I thought it was a bit of a fad. However a few weeks in and really getting the hang of it and think it is going to prove really useful.

Hannah Walker said...

It's getting even better and today she recognised the sign "eat" bounced up and down while nodding!

Then after her lunch she had half a banana and winged a bit so I asked her if she wanted more and signed and she nodded! awww it's so lovely! don't think it'll be long before she's signing back now :o)